Autumn in the garden

The weather in Greece is still unusually warm. It is lovely, excellent for nice walks. Unfortunately I don't have much time at this moment for long walks in the mountains, but in my garden I can see autumn. The leaves of the Lagerstroemia are colouring and falling down.



Next to this tree is the Abutilon, which still has some flowers 



The dwarf roses, which become a rather big shrub in my garden also still bloom


In the front of the house I have a Bougainvilea, a dark red one. It took 15 years to start blooming, no idea why. I was ready to pull it out, but I am so glad I didn't, because now it has lots of flowers in spring, summer and still in autumn!




I forgot the name of this one, although I really love it. It has beautiful dark, nearly black berries, which the birds love, as you can see. They nearly ate all of them. The leaves turn in a lovely red and they look great in a vase.

Luckily the garden doesn't get completely barren during the winter, because we have the citrus trees, a lemon tree, a few orange trees and a tangerine tree. The tangerines are the first ones to ripen. I guess that in a week's time we will be able to start picking a few.


I am in Athens at the moment, so when I will be going back to Sparta I can start eating !!!



My naughty friend in Athens. He ruined the all the flowers by digging in the flower pots, so we bought some netting. He is just checking it out!

 
 

 

Comments

  1. wat een mooie foto's van je tuin Ada
    wat het weer betreft hebben jullie iets meer
    geluk als ons hier in noord griekenland ..ik dat hoop het weer nog een tijdje mooi blijft ..zodat nog van je tuin kan genieten
    lieve groetjes
    zo dat je nog lekker van je tuin kan genieten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bij ons heeft het ook lang geduurd voordat de bomen begonnen te verkleuren maar we hebben nu twee nachtvorsten gehad en dan gaat het snel.
    Je tuin ziet er nog mooi uit.
    En heerlijk zoveel fruit in je eigen tuin!

    Liefs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heerlijk zo'n subtropische tuin met bougainvillea en citrusfruit, maar ja we kunnen nu eenmaal niet alles hebben, haha. Het kleine katje in een Athene is een schatje.
    Groetjes, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een mooie foto's. De tuin ziet er nog erg mooi uit. Hier wordt het al echt winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat fijn dat de temperaturen nog zo zacht zijn, hier was het begin van de week tegen het vriespunt, brrr!! Mooi al die kleuren in je tuin. Geniet ervan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Τα χρώματα του φθινοπώρου είναι για μένα ΜΑΓΙΚΑ!!!Τόση ομορφιά και χρωματική αρμονία που σου φέρνει δάκρυα στα μάτια!Είσαι πολύ τυχερή και άξια φυσικά που χάρη στην φροντίδα σου είναι τόσο όμορφα!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts